A place I free my inner inspirations.

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

catching fish using magic song!


After the bombing of Pearl Harbor on the 7th of December 1941, the imperial Japanese navy steamed south, unleashing their fire on Darwin, a city in the northern territory of Australia.

"The territory" was a land of crocodiles, cattle barons and warrior chiefs where adventure and romance was a way of life. I t was also a place where aboriginal children of mixed-race were taken by force from their families and trained for service in white society.

Thesr children became known as the stolen generations.


September1939

My grandfather, King George, he take me walked about. And teach me black fellow way. Grandfather teach me most important lessons of all and tell me story.That day I down the Billabong, King George taught me how to catch fish using magic song.

No comments: