A place I free my inner inspirations.

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Legends of the Fall


Some people hear their own voices from the soul, and to live by what they hear. Such people become crazy or become legend.
Tristan Ludlow was born in the fall of the falling leaves. It was a terrible winter. His mother always die bringing him into this world. His father Col. William Ludlow brought him to me, and I warpped him in the bear skin and held him all that night. As he grew to a man, I taught him the great joy of kill. Col. Ludlow has three sons, but Tristan was his favorite.
That was a very bad time. The Colonel tried to help the people, but it was no use. So he decided to walk his own way. He wondered to lose the immolation over the montains and begin again. And so we lived for many years. The boys were strong. Alfred was the older brother,and Samuel was the youngest. One year, I'm a old man, can not remember the year. But that was the moon of the red grass, when Isabel Ludlow, their mother, went away for the winter. She said the winter here is too cruel for her. She said she afraid the bears. She is a strange woman anyway. That spring, though, she did not return. After that, she did not come much to see us. Alfred wrote her many letters, but Tristan refused to speak of her. His world was here, with me.
I have these letters, many letters. They are for all of them. The whole family, the whole story.

No comments: